OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Thank you for choosing to be part of the EQUIP Britain International community (“EBI”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
When you visit our website www.equipbritain.com (the “Website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue the use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
- PERSONAL DATA
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the UK General Data Protection Regulation (the “UK GDPR”).
- DATA CONTROLLER
EBI is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The legal bases on which EBI will process personal information are:
- Legitimate Interest
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- To fulfil contractual obligations
- Vital interest
- Public task
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information You Disclose To Us
In Short: We collect information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services when you participate in activities on the Website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Personal information provided by you. We collect names; email addresses; and other similar information.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use our Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type of settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Locations settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- WHEN WE WILL PROCESS YOUR DATA
- Most of the processing of your personal data will be for EBI’s legitimate interests (or the legitimate interest of a third party, such as another organisation within EBI).
- Some processing will be carried out because of a legal obligation to do so. This includes statutory requirements.
- We will process data if it is necessary to fulfil a contract with you.
- We will process your data to respond to requests from you to receive particular information.
- We will process data to assist you with pastoral and/or administrative needs.
- Religious organisations are also permitted to process information about your religious beliefs to administer membership or contact details.
- We will process your data if you have given your explicit consent, for example so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and activities.
- HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
EBI complies with its obligations under the “UK GDPR” by:
- keeping personal data up to date
- storing and destroying it securely
- not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure
- ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive to:
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalised content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- MARKETING PERMISSIONS AND SEEKING CONSENT
EBI is required through data regulations to ensure that we ask for your permission to send information about campaigns, events, and/or activities in certain marketing-related circumstances; and to ensure that we make you aware of your rights in doing so.
- Email and text. We will ask for your permission to contact you in this way
- Postal marketing. From time to time, we may send you information about EBI and its work unless you have told us you would prefer not to receive this information by post
- Bulletins and newsletters. We will normally require you personally to opt into electronically sent information such as newsletters (always with the option to opt out if you change your mind). This ensures that you are able to manage the information you wish to receive
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent. We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honour this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In Short: EBI keeps data in accordance with the requirements set out in law and statutory guidance.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to a UK GDPR exemption, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which EBI holds about you
- The right to request that EBI corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for EBI to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that EBI provide the data subject with his/her personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- FURTHER PROCESSING
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, we will provide a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. If necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- DATA PROCESSORS
Organisations may process data for EBI. These may include:
- MailChimp. Electronic networking for newsletters and bulletins; where individuals directly manage their own consent and what information they wish to receive from EBI.
- CONTACT DETAILS AND REPORTING CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
EQUIP Britain International
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
EBI will review this privacy notice regularly and may update it at any time – for example in the event of legal changes; to improve how we manage data; or where an issue or concern has come to light that needs an appropriate response. If there are any significant changes in the way EBI processes your personal information we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send you a notification.